The Beginner Class (for ages 13 to 17):
This class is for learning the basics of the camera, sound and lighting. This is a prerequisite class for the advanced class. In this class we will learn the basic skills of setting up and conducting interviews with a 3 point lighting system. After a few instructional classes we will conduct an actual interview in the field. We will then watch the interview for a critical analysis of the shoot.
Troy Burnette has been teaching youth filmmaking for almost 10 years with the Tanglewood Summer camp held by the ACT. After graduating from Full Sail Film School, he worked on many projects from video games to deep sea fishing shows. He now enjoys teaching and writing with his comedy group.
Start Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019 from 11:00am to 1:00pm
End Date: Saturday, November 3, 2019 (On location at the Y.E.S. Chef! Culinary Competition, AB-Tech – times to be discussed)
Location: Brandi Nichole Family Enrichment Center, 3400 Sweeten Creek Road, Suite C, Arden, NC
The goals of the filmmaking class is for each participant to be able to:
- Learn the principles of effective visual and audible storytelling.
- Communicate ideas to the targeted audience.
- Collaborate in an effective and flexible way by being able to work as a team member as well as assume leadership.
- Learn about the filmmaking process.
- Tell the stories of others with dignity and respect.
Expectations of each participant:
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Ask questions.
- Bring your creativity.
- Follow the direction of the instructor.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Remain with the group at all times.
- Operate as part of a team.
- No disruptive behaviors and definitely no verbal or physical aggression.
- Express thought and ideas in a respectful manner to instructor and other students.
The tuition per student is $150. If you would like to apply for a Financial Assistance Scholarship, please contact Karen Cowan at [email protected] for the application or call 828-891-5603. You may register for the course by completing one of the following: