The “What’s Your Story” Filmmaking class is part of our Making Our Community News program. This particular class provides a unique opportunity for children between the ages of 12 and 18 to work with professional filmmakers to learn how to interview, film, and produce footage. This course will engage students in the power of film by providing them with hands-on experience in filmmaking, while also teaching them about the Asheville community.
We are currently working on a new class schedule and will post it here as soon as it is available.
The goals of the filmmaking class is for each participant to be able to:
- Learn the principles of effective visual and audible storytelling.
- Communicate ideas to the targeted audience.
- Collaborate in an effective and flexible way by being able to work as a team member as well as assume leadership.
- Learn about the filmmaking process.
- Tell the stories of others with dignity and respect.
Expectations of each participant:
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Ask questions.
- Bring your creativity.
- Follow the direction of the instructor.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Remain with the group at all times.
- Operate as part of a team.
- No disruptive behaviors and definitely no verbal or physical aggression.
- Express thought and ideas in a respectful manner to instructor and other students.