Welcome to The Joseph Initiative
The Joseph Initiative is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that partners with members of our local community and non-profit organizations to offer enrichment programs that strengthen families and unite our community.
Our first initiatives:
To provide Buncombe county teenagers the opportunities to work with local business owners, other youth and area professionals to pursue their interests in the areas of arts, business, culinary arts, life skills, job training mentoring and more. The Joseph Initiative has offered several filmmaking class to teenagers. The teens who participated have learned valuable skills while they created a documentary, interviewed local businesses, and interviewed a County Commissioner. There were part of the filming crew for the North Carolina Youth Summit on the Opioid Crisis, and they did fabulously! So much so, they have been asked to work with the Production Team at Buncombe County to film their events. We also have a new program in the works. We will be collaborating with several area restaurants through a new program called Y.E.S. Chef that will allow teens to be mentored in the fundamentals of culinary technique. All the exciting details are coming soon!
Our vision for the future:
We envision a resource center where we will provide…
- Teen programs.
- After-school and tutoring programs for children of all ages.
- Day care for infants and toddlers.
- Life skills, job training, and parenting classes for adults.
- Mentoring programs for individuals of all ages.
- Opportunities to learn valuable business skills.
- A place for individuals and families to gather and have fun with other members of the community.
- A venue for the younger members of our community to pursue their interests.
- Essential medical services provided by area practitioners
We believe those participating in our collaborative enrichment programs will…
- Build healthy relationships.
- Create stronger family bonds.
- Have the opportunity to learn essential life skills.
- Provide their children with a safe environment in which they can pursue their interests and learn new skills that will prepare them for a thriving adulthood.
- Be part of a community initiative that reduces crime in our neighborhoods.
- See an increase in the number of students graduating from high school to pursue higher education.
- Become more employable and successful in their chosen occupations.